Soundboard stiffening-thanks Ron

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:06:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the patient re-explanation, although my
mind hasn't fully processed this, which seems
improbable. But you claim to have tried this
empirically, and I would not call you a liar as I
would not be called one, myself.
     But to accomodate this I must imagine that the
rigidity of the glue line between rib and panel forces
the cellular structure of the panel to compress from
upward pressure, before it has a chance to spread
outward, thereby drawing the upper edge of the panel
ends inward, and away from the end blocks.
     I'll think about this overnight and provide a
snotty retort tomorrow.
     Thump