Pitch Raise Percentage

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:46:36 -0800

	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Philip J Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 6:02 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Pitch Raise Percentage

I did a pitch raise on a 30 cent flat piano yesterday with my SAT (25%)
recalculating it several times along the way.  I ended up with a very
sharp
piano.  After bringing it down with the fine tuning, it crept back sharp

again and I ended up leaving it a little sharp. (Not a bad thing)
However,
does anyone have a rule-of-thumb for calculating a pitch raise
percentage
that will leave it close to A-440? Are there variables to be considered
such as size of piano, age, condition of piano/strings, etc. other than
the
obvious?   I would love to hear what others do in this situation.

Phil Ryan