Correspondence tuning courses

Gary Bruce Gary.Bruce@oc.edu
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:11:57 -0600

I took the American School Of Piano Tuning course in late 1979.  I'm =
sure there have been some changes since then, but it was a pretty good =
starter course.  I've abandoned completely their recommended tuning =
procedure (2 octave C to C) for the F to F temperament that is most =
commonly used.  You get some basics and some feedback, especially good =
if you don't have some seasoned technicians around to monitor your work. =
 It cost me $300 back then and it's $950 now.
=20
Gary Bruce, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry [mailto:bfd.dsl@pacific.net.au]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 3:43 PM
To: Piano List
Subject: Correspondence tuning courses

Hi everyone..
=20
I would like to get some reaction from you regarding the correspondence =
courses available.. eg: Randy Potter and the American School of Tuning =
etc.
=20
There are no "hands on" courses available in Australia anymore except =
occasional apprenticeships.
=20
Has anyone successfully passed one of these correspondence courses and =
would you recommend them?
=20
Thanks
Barry