Laminated Soundboard Panels

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:40:17 -0600

>I have noticed that too, Joe.  But what are we going to do.  If we build
>laminated boards, they will have to be 100% rib crowned, no???:-)
>
>David Love

Hopefully, but...

A year or so ago, I glued a piece of 5mm piano crate sheathing to an 18mm
thick X 25mm wide X 800mm long flat pine stick, pressed into a 6mm crown. A
220 pound weight I happened to have standing around handy wasn't enough to
push it flat at the time, and still isn't. I guess I should do a long term
load test on it just for the educational value, but I found it interesting
that the assembly got that stiff with that little structure. A long term
load test will give that highly inferior Titebond a chance to creep away
with the crown too, as an additional test.

Ron N