Laminated Soundboard Panels

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:43:17 +0100

Overs Pianos wrote:

> At 2:02 PM +0000 4/2/04, Michael Gamble wrote:
>

>> Hello List and Terry F
>
>> Regarding these laminated panels - in fact laminated soundboards of
>> any instrument - there is no doubt that they are not as good as the
>> usual solid panel.
>

> That's a bit of a sweeping statement Michael, and one with which I
> would definitely disagree.

I have to agree with Ron O on this one... if for no other reason then
that there simply isnt enough high quality work done with laminated
soundboards by which to draw any real conclusions.

Heck... even the infamous Rippen piano sounded as good or better then
many instruments in its class... and the Rippen was anything but a class
act. Still...the quality of its sound was not its worst attribute... by
far.. Not that I am a fan of Rippen mind you. :)

RicB