Quiztime... or Petrof Blues...agin:)

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:21:45 -0700

Balance rail holes too tight. Balance rail not bedded. That still =
doesn't quite cut it for the keydip, but it's the best I can do sitting =
here at my computer..

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: Newtonburg=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 3:52 PM
  Subject: Quiztime... or Petrof Blues...agin:)

  Hi folks...

  Ran into a really cute one... older Petrof 6 foot variant. I had a =
basic=20
  action cleanup, lub, and regulation in front of me. I'd gotten so far =
as=20
  to be back at the piano and started to do the rough in... and noticed=20
  real quickly in the middle area that there was this squishy feeling to =

  the bottom of the key stroke... sort of like what you get if the =
damper=20
  stop rail is adjusted just barely too low... but it wasnt. The other=20
  clue is that removing key front punchings really didnt seem to help, =
or=20
  give any increase in dip or aftertouch. I didnt find the problem until =
I=20
  noticed the keys wouldnt fall to the front felt punchings with the=20
  weight of the top action removed.

  This may be easy to guess at now... but I just couldnt believe it had=20
  gotten out of the factory in this condition. Amazing ! 50 Q&A points =
for=20
  the first to guess right :)

  Cheers
  RicB