Rebuilding old uprights

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:28:52 -0600

I watched the past threads on this subject with great interest since
most of my business, however very slow right now, deals with uprights -
old and new.

Anyway, I recently purchased an old Story & Clark player piano - 1917 -
that I'm rebuilding for myself. Last night  I went over the piano action
and, to my amazement, it was in incredible shape - not one broken part
and the dampers are still good. Of course, the bridle straps need
replacing and the hammers need shaping but thats it.

This one must have been well taken care of.

So, I guess my point is that there are still old uprights, however few
and far between, that are worth saving and rebuilding.

TTFN         (Ta Ta For Now)

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Organ, Pump Organ