Soundboard stiffening-thanks Ron-N ( Here's that response I promised. )

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:01:19 -0600

>I am unaware of any "referenced discussion". Please
>direct me to it again, that I may peruse.
>      Thank You
>      Thump

Phil Ford and I worked out why soundboard crown is not an arch, because the
centerline, or line of minimum stress, or centroid of the assembly is below
the support points. To be an arch, the centroid would have to be above the
support points. I apparently didn't save the discussion, so I can't give
you dates and subject line, but I think it was a couple of months ago.

Ron N