Microsoft Patches Serious IE Flaw/Heckler

Phil Frankenberg rinkyd@pacbell.net
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:28:06 -0800

Has it ever occured to you mr. Hechler that if we all started using Linux
we'd be patching every two weeks because all the hacker theives would start
attacking that system? Do you think any system could be invulnerable?
I think IE is doing pretty good considering they are under constant attack .
Phil Frankenberg
CSU Chico, Ca.
p.s. apologies to the list for keeping this thread alive, but i had to say
it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hechler Family" <dahechler@charter.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: Microsoft Patches Serious IE Flaw/Heckler

YES, but the facts still remain that IE (and Windows) has enough "holes"
and "leaks" that the viruses are causing major havoc with personal and
business PCs and servers. And, another fact that, even though MS
considers Linux a major threat to Windows long term survival, MS is
using Linux internally to save their own backsides from getting hit by
the same viruses that are affecting everyone else.

In other words as pictured: Internet access to MS web servers -> Linux
pass-through webpage services -> MS web servers

Or to put it another way, MS is using Linux to find the holes and leaks
in their own software !!