Double drilling pinblocks: Hand held versus drill press.

Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:13:03 -0800

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.  I'm refering to pinblock
drilling in two passes.  If your final bit size is to be .261", then you
predrill at .250" and on a second pass, drill the remaining .011".  On the
second pass, because so little material is taken, you don't have to worry
about feed speed and the drill heating up.  My question is whether that
allows you to drill with a hand held and still be accurate without
enlarging the hole.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net