FW: Sizing damper guide rail bushings

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 22:46:45 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of David Love
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 10:29 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: FW: Sizing damper guide rail bushings

I don't glue the bushing in if the fit is good.  If I'm in doubt, a
small
smear of hide glue on the underside at the joint (my bushings usually
extend below the bottom of the guide rail by a few mm's).  I size the
bushings using a #7 bridge pin inserted through the bushing followed by
wetting with 70/30 alcohol (bathroom variety).  Let dry overnight.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

David,
	Thanks for the post.
	I did some damper work on a Bosendorfer some years back (1990
vintage) and was surprised to find the damper guide bushings installed
without glue. The problem was in removing the damper, out came the
bushing! I vote for the small glue line on the bottom side of the rail
to keep the bushing in place - (I used titebond)
	While just out in the shop I measured my 6p nails ---.094" and
the #7 bridge pins were listed in Schaff @.086"
	Alcohol sizing in progress tonight
	Thanks
	Tom Driscoll