damper bushings, wires, etc

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 01:38:39 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2004 8:38:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:
This was the easiest soundboard I ever removed. Took about fifteen minutes,
and came out virtually undamaged. The gap between the panel and outer rim
probably helped there. I liked it. Left nearly no spruce on the rim, but
there was more glue smeared around under there than in any other piano I've
seen. They used a whole lot of glue and got what looked to be a borderline
too cold joint for the hide glue. Makes me wonder what happened. Maybe
Monday morning in the belly shop...
Ron N
   Ron
  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. This is the perfect oppurtunity to re
crown a perfectly good old board. grin  -- Dale