Imadegawa hammers

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:25:25 -0800

I'm replacing old hammers in a customer's 1896 Emerson Upright, and I wanted
to get opinions as to the use of "Imadegawa" brand hammers. They cost about
$40 less than an Abel set, which I know is a superior hammer, but... Is the
Imadegawa a decent hammer for an old upright? My customer is only an
"ocassional" player, and up until now (I just met her last week), her piano
was almost a WHOLE step flat, had non-damping dampers, and hammers that were
badly worn, almost to the wood core! (sometime in the past, someone must
have filed, the hammers, probably more than once). So, I'm sure ANY new
hammers will be a big improvement, but still, I wanted the opinion(s) of
those wiser than I.
Thanks!

Terry Peterson

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium
Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/