steinway B (Rick Ucci's thread)

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:13:46 -0500

Rick-
Just going through some aging email.  You probably already solved your
knocking problem, but, just in case, I noticed that no one seemed to
mention the source that I have most often encountered, which is: too thin,
or excessively compressed  jack-stop felt in window.  Even if key dip is
not excessive, the jack can/will hit the hammer flange if that felt does
not stop its travel.

David Skolnik