FW: Sizing damper guide rail bushings-final result

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:47:11 +0100

Protek but CLP : yes, Prolube : no !

On key bushing excellent results against wear, but sometime stain the
wood on older pianos (the marks goes with time but a long time - 1
year or so). I'd say the wear is dramatically reduced, have seen a
evenly used vertical 5 years after treatment with not an ounce (500 gm
!) of wear or play at the key, balance and front as well. Great use
for the stuff, but I don't like the look the wood takes for a moment
when applied.

For center pins, I'd not trust the stuff too much unless very little
friction is to be corrected.
I even experiment the treated parts getting too sluggish or blocking
after CLP use.

Isaac OLEG