Protek on keys

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:00:39 +0100

I have used protek on high use pianos of various qualities and general
condition for 6 years going now. Some of these intstruments get 6-8
hours use daily. The only dissapointment I've ever had with Protek is
that it isnt the magic cure all for sluggish centerpin bushings we all
would love it too be. But then nothing else is either. I have never run
into squeaks from its use. Teflon is a good dry lubricant to be sure. I
always make sure and work a good deal into centerpin bushings when I
repin, but otherwise find it wears off rather quickly. Great for
knuckles.. but you have to repeat from time to time.

Cheers
RicB