Imadegawa hammers

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:26:12 +1100

><.....before changing over to Abel in 1996. But I never used the
>hornbeam stuff.
>OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
>    Grand Piano Manufacturers>
>

>So if it's a choice between Abel HORNBEAM or Imadegawa MAHOGANY
>core, you'd prefer the latter?
>
>Terry Peterson

Terry,

 From the results we were having with Imadagawas (which were special
orders with tail length, width and hammer felt all specified) I'd
probably go for the Mahogany (or Walnut) core Imadagawas if the only
Abel option was Hornbeam. Fortunately it isn't a choice I have to
make. I haven't held any hammers made with either rock maple or
hornbeam cores in high regard.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY