Rock Maple

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:47:05 -0800

>From what I have heard about the Imadegawa hammers is that they are more
suited to Asian Pianos, and are generally a HARDER hammer, resulting in a
brighter/harsher tone out of the box, and voicing is more of a challenge
also.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: antares <antares@euronet.nl>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Rock Maple
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:03:00 +0100

On 10-feb-04, at 21:26, Overs Pianos wrote:
>Terry,
>
>From the results we were having with Imadagawas(which were special orders
>with tail length, width and hammer felt all specified)I'd probably go for
>the Mahogany (or Walnut) core Imadagawas if the only Abel option was
>Hornbeam. Fortunately it isn't a choice I have to make. I haven't held any
>hammers made with either rock maple or hornbeam cores in high regard.
>
>Ron O.
>--

Hi Ron,

English is not my native language and I am not a wood expert I want to ask
you what you have against rock maple.
Steinway Hamburg has maple these days for their hammer moldings and we do
many hammer changes with these maple hammers.
I must say I like these hammers but I like them especially because they have
a fine quality Wurzen felt.
My ears are ok and I trust my musicality
Does Steinway Hamburg use a different kind of maple?
I highly value your experience and would appreciate it if you could tell us
what you have against rock maple.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek

Amsterdam -
The Netherlands

0031-20-6237357
0645-492389
0031-75-6226878
www.concertpianoservice.nl
www.grandpiano.nl

Keep up with high-tech trends here at "Hook'd on Technology."
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/hookedontech.armx