Verituner

dm.porritt@verizon.net dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:29:59 -0600

Don:

Yes TuneLab Pro does have the ability to measure every note.  You have to measure at least 4 notes but there's no upper limit that I'm aware of.  However, measuring each note would be overkill to begin with, and wouldn't necessarily make a better tuning.  It has averaging algorithms that would over ride truly off-the-wall readings.

I should let Robert Scott answer your question.  The program is quite flexible, and gives very nice results.  I like the fact that the stretch you select is in musical, piano tech, terms i.e. 4:2, 6:3 etc.  A "4" stretch or an "8" stretch doesn't mean much to me.  I'm sure it's what you get used to.

dave
From: Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca>
Date: 2004/02/10 Tue PM 04:44:59 CST
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: Verituner

Hi Marcel,

Yes I understand that about Verituner--but I believe Tunelab has the
ability to "manually" measure everynote on the piano--which should give it
an "edge" over RCT and SAT. What I am wondering is *how close* it gets to
the Verituner if someone bothers to do this.

At 04:43 PM 2/10/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Don,
>
>I'll risk answering your question. I've used all four major ETDs:
>AccuTuner, CyberTuner, TuneLab and now Verituner.
>
>The best tunings I've gotten "from an un-tweaked tuning out of these
>programs" is from Verituner.
>
>The nice thing with Verituner, is that it measures as you tune. You
>don't have to take measurements before you start tuning.

>Marcel Carey, RPT

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/