Imadegawa hammers

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:39:44 +0100

Sounds to me like you would be just as well served by glueing leather
strip covering on the existing hammers. But perhaps I've misunderstood
the amount of repairs you are planning for this instrument. That said..
putting a new set of hammers on an instrument that old, which by all
acounts so far sounds like its pretty shot in most ways... is ... well
you gotta wonder :)

If its a matter of just getting new felt, then buy the absolute cheapest
hammers around and soften them up with water and alcohol mix. I gotta
say... I am really glad I dont have to do this kind of work anymore.
Knock on wood !

Cheers
RicB