Catchers & bridle straps

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:51:41 -0600

At 1:07 PM -0600 2/11/04, Hechler Family wrote:
>Don't even bother with the spring clips ...  - I use the cork clips.
>They come three sizes so use the size that fits the snugist.

Duaine,

That would be a fine recommendation *if* there were holes in the
catcher to accommodate the cork type bridle straps.

The type catchers in this example could not, or otherwise the bitter
end of the bridal straps would never have been glued in the catcher
end to begin with. They would have passed on through the hole and
been attached at the hammer butt end of the catcher shank.

Best,

Keith
--
Keith McGavern                                    Texas State Association
Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR