Imadegawa hammers

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:26:09 +0100

pianolover 88 wrote:

> <Sounds to me like you would be just as well served by glueing leather
> strip covering on the existing hammers. Cheers
> RicB>
>

> I've been accused of being gulable, but you've GOT to be joking!

Actually, no. You have described what has sounded like a near total
wreck, that you are desireing to put on the least expensive set of
hammers... you describe your customer as not exactly the most critical
player.. you even said at the outset...

    "So, I'm sure ANY new hammers will be a big improvement,..."

You havent really mentioned whatelse you are going to do... and after
several posts it just sort of sounded more like this was going to be
less then a full boat job. I got the impression that the action was beat
to heck to tell you the truth.

So... in the end... I decided to express how all this was beggining to
sounding  in the end.

If  this doesnt represent a good picture of what you are doing, dealing
with.... well then its been way to easy to get that idea.
The paragraph below paints quite a different picture then the one I've
been getting up to now.

All that said... I've seen some pretty nice work done with leather strip
recoverings. Like anything else you can opt for a thing, and do it
poorly or do it professionally.  Not my kind of solution... but I
wouldnt simply discount the proceedure out of hand.

Cheers, and good luck with your project.

RicB