Piano Truck Installation

Cy Shuster 741662027@charter.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:17:44 -0600

Jon,

Some great tips here!  I had to remember what a truck looks like.  Since the
wheels are inboard of the legs (the support is L-shaped from a side view,
like a forklift, so that the piano's not raised too much), the weight of the
piano would use the wheels as a fulcrum and lever up the other side
(scratching the floor, too, probably, eh?).  Example here:
http://www.pljansen.com/serv04.htm.  So the wedges go in front of the legs,
between the lowest part of the truck and the floor.

Great idea about a temporary leg, as well!  It's obvious after I think about
it, but the hinge is on the long side, right?  Why the different widths of
the two pieces?  Is it because the edge of the smaller piece butts up
against the face of the wider one when the two pieces are at 90 degrees?

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN