Piano Truck Installation

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:34:46 -0500

>So the wedges go in front of the legs, between the lowest part of the truck and the floor.

Yes, my truck stops measure: L = 2.5",  Tapering:  1.75 to 2". Made from 1 3/8 pin block scrap.

>Great idea about a temporary leg, as well!  It's obvious after I think about it, but the hinge is on the long side, right?

Yes, the long, flat side.

>Why the different widths of the two pieces? Is it because the edge of the smaller piece
>butts up against the face of the wider one when the two pieces are at 90 degrees?

Yes, and when folded flat, the opening edge is flush, making it easier to handle.
The hinge is screwed to the two flat surfaces, not the edges. So when the edge of the
5" panel is touching at 90 degrees to the flat surface of the 6" panel,
the hinge is situated at that inside corner.

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@comcast.net