Piano Truck Installation

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:50:40 -0800

Jon:
	I had a similar problem with a large flared leg, where the cups
were too small.  A larger cup is available from Jansen.  FWIW.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

The S&S A yesterday posed a particular problem.  The bottoms of the legs
were 5" round, too large
for the square cups on the truck.  I didn't want the piano sitting on
their somewhat thin edges, so I made
supports. The day before, I removed a leg to measure the dimensions of
the 'cup' in the bottom of the leg.
I made three conical-shaped blocks to support the weight and register
the legs securely on the truck.
I bolted these to the arms with 7/16" bolts. The legs rested soundly.  (
I forgot to bring my camera).
The support blocks measured: H = 1 11/16",  Tapering: 2 1/4" to 3
3/4~7/8".

I made an extra set to place on a truck which I installed last summer.
This one, same large round legs;
I only used long 5/16" bolts to extend up into installed sockets to keep
the legs secured to the truck.
I prefer the support these block provide.  It was this job which got me
to thinking of these blocks.

I'll try to remember the camera this time.

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@comcast.net