Punk Rocker Capstans

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:58:39 -0600

I am wrestling with a very nice old Haines Bros. upright that has the
two-screw rocker capstans directly connecting the keysticks to the
stickers.

I couldn't find much in the archives on regulating this kind of system.
Help if you can, please...

The blow was 2 1/2" so I adjusted the rail for a 1 3/4" blow and the
keys, of course are now all horribly uneven.

Since the action is all linked, any changes to blow distance, rocker
adjustment (lost motion), and key height will all interact, working as a
system.

So how does one regulate such a beast?

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO