Major 4ths & 5ths

Peter Lamos selahpiano@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:45:39 -0500

>You're right of course.  Just trying to think of a minor scale that had
>second that wasn't found in a major scale.  So is a diminished second a

>perfect unison?

Yes.  This stuff is sometimes more 'theoretical.'  In the key of C, a
Dbb (double flat) would be a diminished 2nd.  You might strike the same
note on the piano, but in the notation it is not the tonic, but a
diminished super-tonic.

If the music records an interval from C to F## (double sharp) it is a
doubly augmented fourth, not a P5.

I suppose music can be a lot like these political posts we've been
having lately.  One can say it is an octave while another can say it is
an augmented 7th.

No need to archive this!

Peter Lamos
Brunswick, GA