Yeah!!! Political Questions ( very OT - feel free to delete )

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:30:44 +0100

More or less agreed... for my part I have taken the rest of this off
list... as these things quickly get beyond what the public eye should be
subjected too...grin...

THAT said... I think the upcoming election is of so much importance to
the future course of both America, and the world at large, that a bit of
thought provoking posting should be not only allowed... but required in
every forum both home and away.

Like it or not... America crossed a line with its invasion and conquest
of Iraq. A line which the majority of the civilized countries of the
world did not then and do not now feel was justified. America is at a
crossroads unlike any previous. There is no counterbalance in the world.
You can do (short term) just about whatever you want to to the rest of
the world. That kind of power has never once in history been wielded
without wielder being corrupted by it.

So, if you don't mind a bit of non partisan advice.... discuss the
matter sincerely... open mindedly and in the spirit of progress... not
in the spirit of battle. And dont let it get carried away here, nor be
ignored here.

Its your country, and this time... your vote is darn well important.

Nuf said by me.

RicB