longitudinal waves, MiniMens

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:34:55 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mr. Skolnik,
      I don't believe that all of the vibrational
energy is transferred to a lateral "push-pull" at the
level of the bridge cap. Just most of it. But that
holds intriguing implications for consideration,
regarding how bridge height affects leveraging the
vibrations into the soundboard, and what frequencies
might be augmented by various bridge heights and
thicknesses. Off hand, I would imagine that a low
bridge would favor high frequencies, and a high bridge
would favor low frequencies, as it would be out of
phase with rapid vibrations, due to inertial mass,
tending to mute them.
     Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
     Thump