Yeah!!! Political Questions ( very OT - feel free to delete )

Colin Kenny kennys@kennyguitars.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:52:12 -0500

MessageComments below,
  Bottom line for me: We dare not turn this country over to anyone who =
would yank the troups, decimate morale in the armed forces, signal to =
the world that we are fair game to all terrorists, throw the Iraqis to =
the wolves, seriously empower Iran, Libya, Syria, etc., put the =
Israelies (our ONLY steadfast allies over there) in mortal danger, =
dismantle our intelligence services, and drastically hamper the economic =
recovery (or kill it) by raising taxes. I have my troubles with George, =
too. But he has my vote over any of the Democrats. You know, they guys =
who saw the same intelligence info from both Clinton and Bush, voted FOR =
the war, and now claim otherwise. They frankly and literally scare me.

  Alan R. Barnard
  Salem, MO=20

  PS "Dear Jesus, I didn't mean it. Just illustrating a point!"

-----

-anyone who would yank the troops: =20
None of the mainstream (not Kucinich) democratic nominees are proposing =
this.

-Iraqis to the wolves:
Ditto above

-decimate morale in the armed forces:=20
Bush sent the armed forces into a war on false pretenses.  He had been =
looking for a rationalization to start this war since he took office, =
and used the trust people put in him after the terrorist attacks to bait =
and switch.  This can't be seen as moralizing to the troops.  Then to =
thank them for their good service he proposed cuts to military housing =
schools, child care centers, and veterans' medical care.  Bush has made =
a great habit of using the troops for photo ops, but I don't see how =
he's been good for them.

-You know, they guys who saw the same intelligence info from both =
Clinton and Bush, voted FOR the war, and now claim otherwise:
The resolution they voted for wasn't a resolution to go to war.  It was =
a resolution to give the president authority so that he could increase =
pressure on Iraq, which was working.  He failed to let diplomacy do its =
job and broke their trust too.

- put the Israelis (our ONLY steadfast allies over there) in mortal =
danger:
It's obvious at this point that Bush's approach to Israel has caused =
them far more harm than the approach that the Clinton Whitehouse =
applied.

-seriously empower Iran, Libya, Syria, etc:
I don't know where you came up with this assertion, but you'd have to =
provide some reasoning for me to even come up with a reply.

-dismantle our intelligence services:
It was George H. W. Bush (Daddy) that drastically cut back the CIA after =
the cold war ended. =20

-signal to the world that we are fair game to all terrorists:
Clinton's nation security adviser, Berger,  gave this advise to Bush's =
NSA, Rice, "spend more time on terrorism generally, and on al Queda =
specifically, than any other subject," when the administrations changed. =
 By most accounts the Bush Nation Security Counsel, did and said little =
about al Queda before 9/11.  They were already focused on Iraq.  To say =
that Bush in all his "Cowboyness" is tougher on terrorism than a generic =
Dem candidate is pure fluff.

-drastically hamper the economic recovery (or kill it) by raising taxes:
If you want to see the "recovery" go down the tubes, keep the tax cuts.  =
As the debt goes up so do interest rates and that is definitely bad for =
investment and growth.  If you want to give tax cuts that increase =
consumer spending you don't give them to the millionaires, you give them =
to the working people.  They're the ones who spend the largest =
percentage of what they receive in a timely fashion.  Bush has seen the =
greatest lose of jobs per year of any president since Herbert Hoover.  =
And if you think that's a coincidence line up each president since the =
beginning of the great depression according to the average job lose or =
gain per year while they were in office.  That's fourteen presidents, 8 =
republicans and six democrats.  The top six are the democrats the bottom =
eight are the republicans.  The random odds of this are about 3 in =
10,000.  So please don't tell me about how electing a democrat is going =
to hamper the "recovery".

Colin Kenny

 =20