Lindner Pianos

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:12:00 -0600

It was a long time ago, but I remember getting called to service one of
these.  The people (family 2) had just bought it from some other folks
(family 1).  I had to break the bad news to them (the only place for this
piano was out on the curb), and suggested that next time they think of
purchasing a used piano, they have me go check it out for them first.

A couple months later, I got a call from another family (family 3).  SAME
piano.  Ugh.  At least family 3 had the decency to NOT unload it on someone
else.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
somewhere near Peoria, IL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Wilson" <pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com>
To: "Phillip Ford" <fordpiano@earthlink.net>; "Pianotech"
<pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: Lindner Pianos

> >educational. Ingenuity misplaced is still
> ingenuity, and I'm interested.
> >
> >Ron N

There was nothing ingenious about the ones I saw.
There were no flanges, the hammers and dampers clipped
on by means of a simple 'Gypsy's clothes peg' type of
arrangement.  The keys were not made of wood but
hollow plastic pivoted on a centre rail.  The pivot
tended to break, of course, and was impossible to fix.

They would not even be suitable for a child's toy.

Bob Wilson