Yam C7 Loose tuningpins

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:56:52 EST

<< While the client asked to the seller to fix this problem with the
guarantee, I was just curious to know how such a problem can be solved? (remove the
offending pins, clean the hole with a pinhole brush and repining  with two sizes
larger pins?)

Would these pins stay jumpy after repinning? >>

   Greetings,
   Be very careful about up-sizing these pins. Measure them first and perhaps
go to the next size over.  I have seen problems when using oversize pins in
Yamaha's, and it generally because too large a pin was installed and you have a
creaky pin to live with.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT