Major 4ths & 5ths,enharmonic intervals

Peter Lamos selahpiano@hotmail.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:47:10 -0500

A double augmented 7th is actually a little wider than a perfect octave.
On the piano you can't make the difference of course but B# is really
one comma higher than C.

And Dbb is one comma lower than C so no a diminished second is not a
perfect unison.

Jean-Luc Matton
Albuquerque NM

Jean-Luc,
    You're right, in theory.  But I'm thankful that in order to save on
ivory we have few pianos that can accomodate the difference of a comma.
I think in equal temp language we could define a Dbb as enharmonic to a
C, or at least that they have identical frequencies.   There were organs
produced with more than 12 notes to an octave though weren't there?  Mr.
Hechler might have worked on some(?).

Peter Lamos
Brunswick, GA