Overlapping strings

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:35:38 -0600

Hey all,

Gone are the days when I only worked on good pianos!  A lot of good =
techniques have come along since I was on maternity leave.  I've checked =
the archives for the subject of Protek on strings and read a great deal, =
but didn't see this particular case mentioned:

This past week I tuned a Cable Nelson console which suffered from a case =
of strings that overlap in the tuning pin section, making it a tad =
difficult to set unisons (or anything else for that matter).  You know, =
you get one string set, tune the next, and it throws the previous one =
off again.  Grrr.  Would it help to dab a bit of Protek on them?  Would =
it be too risky being that close to the pinblock?  Has anyone done this =
before?

Thanks for your help.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
There nothing like starting up a business again,
somewhere near Peoria, IL.