Rust on Strings/Thumper

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:27:49 +0100

That was the result of WW II. They had to use a lesser quality betong
mix in the cement... caused it to dry out much more thouroughly and form
a more or less antihygroscoptic barrier around each cell at the
molecular level. Humidity and condensation simply gets repelled. Back
side is that concret from that period is quite brittle. Why do you think
nearly every building built with concrete between  1939 and 1947 has
crumbled or been torn down... or both ?

Seriously !! :)

RicB