Overlapping strings

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:00:57 -0800 (PST)

I don't have any any solution for your immediate
problem, but thought this would be a good opportunity
to remind everyone of the efficacy of the new Larudee
"Low-Torque" pins, sold by Pianotech, for restringing
when the tuning pin holes are too close together.
     Because the pin body alone is oversized, while
the heads are #1 or #2, it might be possible to
eliminate some string overlapping during restringing (
by using the ones with the #1 heads ). Or at least not
make it worse.
     Thump