Overlapping strings

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:10:47 EST

In a message dated 16/02/04 9:51:28 PM, nicho@zianet.com writes:

<< You know,
>you get one string set, tune the next, and it throws the previous one off
>again.  >>

Barbara what Guy said is good. Also there is a teqhnique that will be useful
on occasion. When you have strings in contact with each other it 'is' a
pain......as you mentioned. Try setting all three strings very slightly low in pitch
and pull each string, starting with the middle string, up to where it should
be.....next either right or left string depending on which is in most contact
with the middle......then pull the last string up. Make sure to set all three
strings on the up-pull. This technique has worked for me in the past and is
one I still use...though judicious use of protek has worked wonders. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)