Linen

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:01:44 -0600

>Magic tone linen, grown on the north side of the hill. Nothing else
>produces dense enough smo... er, steam to work exactly right. Just the
>flax, ma'am. But regular old anonymous "name on request"  linen or about
>
>anything else works well enough, often enough, for some of us mortals.
>Being a registered linen heathen, this possibly shouldn't be taken as
>the
>definitive answer.
>
>Ron N
  Greetings Ron,
                             You have it sized up well, but the Flax must
be the right shade of blue.
OK confession time.    Linen is recommended for one reason,   Polyester
will weld itself very effectively to the hammers.   Deny! Deny!
Deny!    Duh!!!! A senior moment..
   Joking aside, cotton works just fine.     But the Irish needs the
exports.  <G>

I have steamed more than a few Steinway's down, to get them in the ball
park before needling.  Also very light steaming of the crowns to remove
some groves, with a good dry ironing to follow.

You exercise caution.

Regards Roger