Linen

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:24:51 -0600

Hey Mr. Bill,

Oops.....I was having a senior moment.  It was 15 1/2 years ago (1988) that
I sent the piano over to Champaign to have the pinblock, restringing, etc
done.  The rebuilding of the action was going to be used for a class at the
PTG Central Illinois Seminar.  The guy who was doing the action lived
someplace else (where the action stack had been shipped), was a little slow
to get what he wanted done, so instead of shipping the action stack back to
Illinois, he checked it as baggage on the plane............you guessed
it.............it got lost.

So much for the seminar class--and where was my action stack?????   It was a
week or two later, when a call came in from customs.  Apparently the stack
had shown up at some US army base in Germany.  (If only action stacks could
talk!)   I eventually got it and thought that I would finish it, but never
did.  It was 11 1/2 years ago that I called my trusted rebuilder again and
said, "Finish it."

Actually, I think they may be Renners.  I'm working today and won't have
time to look or call, but maybe tomorrow.

Strange, but true---sort of like me.  ;-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT