player piano

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:12:36 -0400

Hi Dean,
The only thing I remember from that era, was a unit called the Organ-Matic Player unit, which sat on top of an electronic organ. You put in the roll and it played the notes. It had to be hard wired in though.
On the push up units for pianos, that played the keys with little fingers, that I have seen, were from around the turn of the century.
I have one that had been in a barn, horrible shape. I just haven't got around to rebuilding it yet.
I would be interested in hearing about the newer version, of the "piano player".
Snowed in here. The snow plough gave up trying to clear a drift in front of my house, I guess it felt it shouldn't waste time, and it went to roads it could clear. Worst blizzard since 1905, they say.
Oh, you lucky guys down South. (Gals too)
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dean May
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 10:52 AM
  Subject: player piano

  I am looking for one of those player piano units sold in the 70's or 80's I think that was portable from piano to piano. It was placed in front of the piano and actually fit over the key tops, depressing the front of the keys to work. Does anyone know where such a unit might be obtained? I am willing to rebuild it.

  Many thanks

  Dean

  Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

  PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272