Ivory keytops and PVC-E drying time

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:09:54 -0500

The problem with PVC-E glue is that it is water based. Water will curl the ivories.
Use a heated caul or leave clamped overnight. CA glue is too rigid to last any appreciable length of time.

A product which I have had favorable results is Zap-A-Dap-A-Goo II for quickie-repairs
and field work.  It is a flexible contact adhesive made by Pacer Technology (CA glue makers).
It is clear, as opposed to the older versions of contact cement.  I've been using it for
about two years with no failures.

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.