player piano

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:38:51 -0600

Those were called Dynavoice and I no longer have the two I once had.  They
sell on Ebay every so often.  They invariably need new pouches since the old
ones were molded synthetic or gum rubber.  The valves are gum rubber and
they are usually fine, but I suggest you lessen valve travel by gluing
leather or thin rubber on the top facing.  This will allow softer playing
when desired.  When new the travel was usually so wide that loud was the
only way to get all notes to play.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Piano World

 2732 Cherokee

Saint Louis MO 63118

314-772-6676

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Phil Bondi [mailto:phil@philbondi.com]
  Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 9:13 AM
  To: DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com; Pianotech
  Subject: Re: player piano

  QRS sells such a device..

  http://www.qrsmusic.com/

  Phil Bondi(FL)

  Dean May wrote:

    I am looking for one of those player piano units sold in the 70's or 80'
s I think that was portable from piano to piano. It was placed in front of
the piano and actually fit over the key tops, depressing the front of the
keys to work. Does anyone know where such a unit might be obtained? I am
willing to rebuild it.

    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

    Many thanks

    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

    Dean

    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

    Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

    PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

    Terre Haute IN  47802

    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->