Lowell Gauge...was Down Bearing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:37:10 -0600

>Ed said: "Assume all measurements with the Lowell gauge begin with leveling
>it on
>the speaking length, and all deviations are in contrast to this baseline."
>
>Ed,
>I think you need to read the instructions for the Lowell gauge again.<G> If
>I recall, the tool is "zeroed" on the strings ON the bridge and all other
>measurements are taken from that point.
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

To heck with the instructions. I much prefer referencing everything from
the speaking segment, with all other angle measurements taken from that -
like bridge front bearing, overall bearing (from which you can calculate
rear bearing), side bearing angle at the bridge pins, and counter bearing
angle at the V bar. KISS, so I can keep track of what's happening where.

Don't listen to him Ed. Stick with your speaking segment baseline.

Ron N