Lindner Pianos

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:17:11 -0600

Hi Dave . . . .  you are absolutely right. I've had the dubious pleasure of
working
on two of these beauties, and one belonged to a friend.  Tried very hard to do
some
good to both , but they don't give you much chance. My friend did finally
upgrade
to a better quality instrument. The second  was a normal type call from a
customer
who said that their piano needed tuning, and a couple of keys didn't seem to
work
very well. An under statement if there ever was one. An adult daughter was home,

and told me she would be paying me. She was also the one who played it. I went
quite a bit of trouble explaining what the problems were, and that I didn't have
a source
for parts for this piano. What I offered to do was steal the necessary number of
broken
parts from the ends of the keyboard , and replace them in the middle where they
were
broken. She agreed and I was fairly successful .  I'm hoping she doesn't call
back, because
I don't think I want to steal from Peter to pay Paul again. Tried to do some
tuning, but it
didn't seem like I was making much headway, although she thought the piano
sounded much
better. Who am I to argue ?? I was very worried that I might get some string
breakeage, if
I tried to tune to pitch, so I cleaned up the unisons as best I could, and let
it go at that.
Didn't have the heart to tell her that this was not much of an instrument, so I
wished her luck and
left. Hopefully, she will get the message and upgrade. If she asked me my
opinion, I would
then feel justified in telling her the truth, but I really don't want to .

Carl / Winnipeg.