prank calls

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:23:23 -0600

At 10:07 PM -0500 2/21/04, Alpha88x@aol.com wrote:
>... A young guy called me Saturday night around 9:45 and told me his
>dog jumped in the piano and could I help him get him out. ...

Julie,

This was explained in a post Sat, 23 Sep 1995 by Scott Hunter from
Houston, Texas.  Here is part of that post from the archives:
These calls are an imitation of "The Jerky Boys."  "The Jerky Boys" are a
couple of guys from New York that do prank calls and release them on CD.
They have two albums and even did a movie earlier this year.  On their first
CD they called a piano tuner and wanted him to come out to get the caller's
Rottweiler out of his piano...

Keith

Keith McGavern                                    Texas State Association
Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR
Oklahoma Chapter 731                                  March 11-14
Piano Technicians Guild                        http://www.ptg.org/tsa/
USA