Verituner help

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:00:46 EST

In a message dated 2/22/04 6:17:28 AM, pryan2@the-beach.net writes:

> I have
> rarely, if ever, found 10 % to be appropriate (common ) for a bass pitch
> raise and 30% seems to be a little high for a default percentage for
> midrage notes.

Then change them.    But they're only targets.   You, as the human being, can
choose whether you want to pull the strings up to the target, sharp to the
target, whatever.   But they are a visual reference that is constant; at that
point you can use them literally or amend them along the way.

I find that the strings near the treble break will end up sharp if you raise
them to the target on a pitch raise (with the VT set on 30%).   So I tune
those a bit under the target.   Likewise the strings just under the temperament
octave, G#3 down to the tenor break.   (This all may be due to the order in
which I pitchraise: A4, then A3, ascending to C8, then G#3 and down to A0.)   The
10% bass overpull seems to work well for me, although I usually pull the first
two bichords below the break just a bit sharp to the target.

No one is forcing you to hit the target on the screen.

Tom Sivak
Chicago