Silicon source

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:34:15 -0600

>Listers,          Am looking for a source for silicon lub. for action
>centers.  Lost the address for Goose Juice,  have Piano Tek.
>
>Protec ,and used to like the Wurlitzer stuff .  Action has a white
>mould--piano is located in a house on the Shore of Lake Superior.
>
>A source and address will be appreciated.
>
>Ron Lindquist

Try here
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:32:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Dawn Herring <dh88keys@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wurlitzer Action treatment solution available now
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sender: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org

Hello Joe,
Thanks for the note. The Wurlitzer solution is really very economical and
certainly very proven in the field. The actual cost of the final solution
would be this:
$54 for the silicone recommended by Wurlitzer, Baldwin, and other
manufacturers.
$16 for a gallon of VM&P naphtha (assuming on the high side)
total of $70 that would provide slightly more than 128 ounces. This equals
55 cents per ounce.
Let me add that I am making this available for the many technicians that
have used this through the years but can no longer purchase it from a
manufacturer. For the technicians that use your solution successfully, I
recommend that they continue to use this. However, for the techs that have
used the silicone and naphtha solution over the years, it is now available
again.
Thanks, Dawn

Ron N