Lube Recipe

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:50:38 -0600

Mrs. McCall has sold her "recipe" for VJ Lube and existing stock to a =
piano technician in South Carolina--he was the former tech at LSU I =
think.  I bought some not long ago--paid a dollar container for it--I =
actually sent him two dollars per film container--I bought two =
containers plus a buck for shipping.  If I can find his name, address =
and phone number I'll email it out.  He's an extremely nice guy and I'd =
just as soon buy from him than mix the stuff up.  I have a lazy =
streek--or is it streak?
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr.
Piano Technician/Technical Director
Department of Music
106 Fine Arts Building
University of Tennessee at Martin
Martin, TN  38238
731/587-1152

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 12:30 PM
  Subject: Lube Recipe

  List,=20

  I've concocted a lubricant that gets rid of just about any kind of =
squeak and many rattles related to pedal mechanisms, case parts, etc.  I =
developed it when I lost my little VJ Lube container.  It is quite =
slippery!=20

  A couple of tablespoons of Petroleum jelly=20
  A few CCs of Protek=20
  Enough teflon powder to whiten the whole mess.=20

  I keep it in a prescription jar or a 35 mm film container.=20

  Tip 1:  Use something other than your fingertips to apply it.  =20
  Tip 2:  Try not to get it on your clothes=20
  Tip 3:  Try not to get it on carpets, especially white ones=20
  Tip 4:  Keep away from animals and small children=20

  Dave Stahl=20