Sohmer

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:53:57 -0800

From: <JIMRPT@aol.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: Sohmer

> In a message dated 22/02/04 3:51:53 PM, cmpiano@comcast.net writes:
>
> << a 7'2" Sohmer  >>
>
> Carl;
>  I have never seen a Sohmer this size with bridge thingees. Nice pics BTW>
> In the pic it appears that the strings rise from the agraffe to the
aliquot
> bar...Is that the case?
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Yes, Jim, I was standing at the tail of the piano when I took the photo.  I
would say that is an aliquot rod rather than bar.  It is round.

My piano is the some except it has no rods, the strings just go over the
grassy knoll (G) and then to the hitch pin.  Here's a pic of my Sohmer at
the end of the agraffes and the beginning of the more tradjitional bridge.
Last 18 notes are standard