Sohmer

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:46:47 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Calin Tantareanu" <dnu@fx.ro>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: Sohmer

> Carl, just to make things clear: The picture of the Sohmer bridge agraffe
> with round aliquots behind were from a piano that used them on the whole
> bridge?

Yes the 7'2" Sohmer had agraffes on the total tenor bridge.  They all had
round aliquots behind the agraffes on the wood portion of the bridge,  the
top section had smaller diameter rods.  My point was that the rkods had sunk
unevenly into the wood.

> And the agraffes without aliquot behind were only used in the lower
> sections?

My 5'4" Sohmer did not have aliquots behind the agraffes and the agraffes
did not  cover the whole bridge.  The top 18 notes were standard bridge pin
configuration as shown in my last post.

> Anybody knows why?

Who knows what evil exists in the hearts of man?  Perhaps the smaller piano
didn't have enough room.

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.